- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years, 4 months ago by .
I have recently purchased an Optima T60H motorhome from ES Hartley (currently less than 1500 miles). It’s a lovely vehicle with good interior design because it has a drop down bed which gives the layout a spaciousness which is just perfect for me on my own. However, I’m having some problems with the drop-down bed which can be categorized as follows:-
1. The bed can descend when not invited during travel.
2. The bed is quite difficult to get fixed in place (which is probably a contributing factor to point 1.).
3. When the bed is up and held in place it is very noisy when driving. It has a distinctive clonking noise coming probably from the catchment mechanisms. This is quite loud and intrusive.
4. After a night’s sleep you have to be a weightlifter in order to get the bed to go up. I find the easier way to do this is to get under the bed and raise it with my shoulders.
The ‘van is a brilliant idea not really working yet in my instance. I await ES Hartley telling what can be done about it. Does anyone know of such a problem or has a similar experience please?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.