- This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 9 months ago by .
As your newly appointed Rally Co-ordinator, I thought it would be useful to put down my thinking to date following several conversation with attendees at the Ambleside AGM.
Firstly a clarification of the Rally Co-ordinator’s role. The clue is in the title. I will do my best to represent the club’s aspirations by producing Rally calendars but will be reliant on the willingness of members to step forward and take an active role in organising the individual events (I will produce a Rally Organizer’s Checklist to assist).
The plan is to have a firm Rally Calendar for 2018 and a draft Calendar for 2019 agreed before we meet up for the Christmas Rally. This will allow us all to plan ahead and incorporate Club Rallies in with other events in our lives (like hip operations etc)
As such, I attach Version 1 of our Rally Calendars for 2018 & 2019 for everyone to think about. Be good if I could receive comments and suggestions soonest so that we can have a discussion at Malvern next week. I will then issue revised versions for further comment and discussion at the Autumn Rally in Devon.
The proposed Calendars are based on the following suggested principles:
- 4 Rallies every year (Spring, Summer, Autumn & Christmas)
- All except the Christmas rally will be over a 3 week period (Wednesday to Wednesday) and have 2 or 3 components to allow members to join in all or some of the events
- Rallies will be planned on a regional basis to encourage participation by our diverse membership. (analysis of our 72 members locations reveals – Scotland 6, the North 17, Midlands 21, Wales 5, South West 7, South East 13 and 1 each in Ireland, France & Sicily)
- Rallies should avoid public and school holidays & half terms where possible.
- Warners Motorhome Shows will be shown on the Calendars and can, where convenient, be incorporated into our 4 main Rallies or organised as separate events.
In line with the above, the 2018 Calendar suggests:
- Spring (pre midge) Rally in Scotland starting with initial meet-up just over the border followed by a tour of the Highlands and/or islands
- Summer Rally in Middle Britain commencing in North Wales then moving east for the AGM at Carsington and culminating in the Lincolnshire Wolds
- Autumn Rally in the South East starting in either Suffolk (coast) or Essex (poss London Excursion). Then on to Dover (already negotiating with great site) and finally short journey round to Brighton (or even a short “pre Brexit” trip to mainland Europe (if they’ll let us in))
- Christmas rally – perhaps near Stratford on Avon
The 2019 Calendar is more tentative but does suggest Rallies in other Regions
Finally I would just like to encourage all members to think hard about where, when and how we Rally. It is after all what we are all about – meeting up and enjoying the wonders of Motorhoming.
So do let me have your thoughts and most importantly your willingness to help in organising our future Rallies
Look forward to hearing from you
10<sup>th</sup> August 2017
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.